Monday, December 23, 2013

Christmas Adam

If tomorrow is Christmas Eve, Preston told me that today is Christmas Adam.  I'm sure this is a joke that has been told for like the last 200 years, but today was the first time I've ever heard it.  And I thought it was totally hilarious.  On today's Christmas vaca agenda:  a morning jog with my sister in law Shelly, hang out with nieces and nephews at the Dustin Smith's house, last minute Christmas shopping, and a drive by the Mesa temple to check out the Christmas lights.  Ryan got some work done, and also threw out his back by "sitting funny for too long." What the heck does that mean?  I'm done with boring explanations.  Tell me about the small child you saw toddling into the street, where you had to leap over a lawn mower and dive under a fence to bound into the street to stop the car that was headed straight at the wee bairn... Sitting funny. Lame.



Dustin and Kylee decided that a regular staircase was boring, so they put in a slide.  An actual slide.  The kids totally loved playing on it all morning.



Annie coming down the slide.  It's very fast!



A little family basketball before headed off to dinner and the Mesa temple.



Ryan took us to Pizza Mart, an old high school favorite.  Low quality cheap pizza, with root beer and vanilla ice-cream cones. So we all loved it, and felt right at home.



Owen fell asleep right after dinner.  It looks so uncomfortable with the shoulder strap across his face.  My favorite part is the ice-cream cone face down, totally melted on the seat. 

1 comment:

  1. A slide?! Mercy those lucky people! I rarely get the green eyed monster but that is one that has me blazing with emerald green eyes! Root beer cone sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete