Friday, August 23, 2013

Gettin It done!

Today much good was accomplished.  I didn't yell once.  I didn't cry either.  I showered.  I meditated on the complexities of life.  I registered my younger 4 for school at Muir, and all of them were placed into classes with fab teachers.  Calvin is in 6th grade and has a new teacher, Van Hofften.  Simon is with Mrs. Chritensen (who happens to be the mother of one of Calvin's best friends.) Annie is with Mrs. Campbell and has a Chinese teacher as well.  Owen is with Mrs. E and is also in a split class that will learn for half the day in English, and the other half will be spent with his Chinese teacher.  I can't pronounce their Chinese teachers names, much less attempt to spell them, but I believe it is going to be a good year.  No car yet (just driving around in a rental.) But we did get cell phones, which means that I now know the time, and can make calls.  In Edinburgh, we were using pay as you go phones, which meant that all of my calls were as fast and as efficient as possible.  Ryan called me today whilst I was doing school registration stuff just to chat. Can you imagine talking on a cell phone just for fun with your spouse?!  It was such a turn on!



Open house was tonight. This is Owen with his English kinder teacher.



Calvin and his friend Cody at Muir Open House.



I'm chatting with my twin on my phone during normal business hours.  I love being in similar time zones.

**** This post is for Thursday, August 22nd, 2013****

1 comment:

  1. ME too!!! So glad you have a phone and are back!! I need to sit and "meditate on the complexities of life."

    ReplyDelete