Wednesday, August 7, 2013

7 More Days

In exactly 7 more days, the 7 Smiths will fly out of Edinburgh at 7:00am.  We actually leave at 8:00am, but I was on a "7" roll.  Tomorrow will start many of the "lasts" for our Scottish adventure.  The last time I walk along the Royal Mile, the last time I run along the canal, the last time I eat haggis, the last time I attend Edinburgh Ward...  There is still so much to see and do.  Too many "firsts" that still need to be had.  Tonight, I'm not feeling ready to leave.


Probably the last time I will ever stand next to the dog cemetery at Edinburgh castle.  Alex and I hit the Royal Mile, without our kids.  It was carefree, and the kids have done the castle enough times that they were content to chill at the house.
  


We saw a demonstration on how to turn this giant table cloth into a kilt, old school style.  Very cool.

*** Tonight our lovely downstairs neighbor, Ann Runnals had us over for dinner and pudding.  her daughter Christine, Allister and Finley were there as well.  I will certainly miss having such a wonderful neighbor.  She has been delightful, and was my first friend here in Edinburgh.

4 comments:

  1. We are so excited for your return! It is amazing how much fabric is involved in making a kilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it is not the last time you have haggis!!! We love that stuff. I am so incredibly sad that you are leaving Scotland and incredible happy that you guys will be on the same continent. What a year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great adventure! It's such a beautiful place. I wish a could have come to visit! I'm sure coming home will be bitter sweet. We'll try to make it better with some good food.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Has it been a year already. You guys seem to blend in so well. What a phenomenal experience for you and your family. Cant wait to hear what the states life brings you next.

    ReplyDelete