Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Sticky Toffee Pudding

What a lovely evening, made possible by our friends, the Stephensen's, popping in with some sticky toffee pudding, and double cream as well!  It was my first taste of this classic British dessert, and I get what all the fuss is about.  It's rich and delicious and lick the bowl/plate good.  Even better, whilst we ate, Owen painted Silvia's nails.  I feel very blessed to know such wonderful people. It was a purchased delicacy, so I still need to figure out the recipe.  But I pledge that I will not set foot on American soil unless I know how to whip up a batch of this tasty treat.


An image of what sticky pudding looks like.  Served warm and sticky.  Now pour some whipped cream (that hasn't been whipped) on top and you have a dessert worthy of the type two diabetes that regular consumption would cause.




Consomme Colbert.  Yes, that is a poached egg in the middle of the soup.  The broth, not the egg, is the tricky part to consomme. Not to brag, but my broth was crystal clear, like fresh spring water found on the tallest mountain, on an early spring morning, just as the sun peeks out over the horizon.  That clear. 10 points for my Consomme.



Melba toast. Easy to make and crazy good. Maybe I was just hungry, but it was crazy good. Ryan's paternal grandmother is named Melba, and I thought of her zesty personality whilst I made these today.  
Pictured below the toast is Jerusalem Artichoke, sauteed with garlic, cooked with some vinegar and... it was rubbish.  Never making that again, at least not by choice.



Still don't know why these are called Hazelnut White Chocolate "Biscuits" and not just cookies.  These are cookies, and delightful ones at that. Toasted hazelnuts, white chocolate, and loads of butter.  I enjoyed large portions of the dough and the finished product.  

4 comments: