Friday, February 8, 2013

Sushi Rockstar!

What crazy fun in the kitchen we had today! On our "to make list" was peanut ice cream, praline parfait,  jam doughnuts, and a plethora of sushi.  It was a really great day, spent with really great people, in a really great kitchen.  Best part of all?  Many people kindly sent me away with their leftovers, so I was able to share the sushi love. We ended this fantastic Friday with dinner at our kid's favorite Italian restaurant here, Bar Italia.  The prices are reasonable, the service is great, the food is delicious, and it's loud enough that we fit right in, very family friendly. And not related, but incredibly exciting: 15 year's ago yesterday, my husband asked me to marry him for all time and eternity.  I said yes.

Sushi. Tuna. Salmon. Japanese Omelet, made in a square omelet pan. 




Dinner out.  Yes, Owen is open-mouthed, totally asleep on my lap.  He checked out about 10 minutes after we sat down, and woke up half way through our walk home.



Another sticky toffe pudding for the week, just to make sure that I truly am madly in love with the stuff.   I am.


Yesterday at school my sweet Simon was running around a corner.  He collided with a girl who had her mouth open and his cheek looks like a bite mark, but with only the top set of teeth.  Weird injury. lovely boy.  I took this picture after he fell asleep in bed.  I guess that means I am a weird mom.

2 comments:

  1. the food looks amazing and love the family shot of you guys at the resturant. love these posts!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch poor Simon, who walks around with their mouth in a biting position?! That girl should be caged :)

    ReplyDelete