Saturday, February 23, 2013

Linlithgow and the Cookery Party

Action Packed Saturday alert! Clear day, so we headed into Linlithgow and checked out the Linlithgow Palace dating back to the 13th century and the local parish next door dating a century later.  Impressively sited next to a loch, the palace sits on a mound with sloping green hills surrounding that we took full advantage of with rolling contests.  When I said that I did not want to make the plunge, the kids taunted, "but Aunt Jeannette would do it".  Yes, my Aunt Jeannette would do it, so I did it also.  If I can grow up to be anything like my Aunt Jeannette, I will call my self lucky.  The highlight of Linlithgow had to be the farmers' market outside the palace quarter where we had some Scottish Highland beef and pork ground burgers.  It was hot and fresh and we were hungry and cold.  A combination for satisfaction.  The night ended with gals from my cookery school joining our family at home for a gourmet pot luck and talking until late at night.  What a day!  Can't wait to rest tomorrow on the Sabbath.


Calvin, Preston and I posing in front of the Palace.


Rolling down the hill because my Aunt Jeannette would do it.


Annie led the charge and was the fastest down the hill.


View from the palace garden onto the loch.


At the apse of St. Michael's Parish, Church of Scotland next to the palace.  Beautiful stain glass and wood carving on the benches and furniture.


Burgers at the farmers' market.


Me with some of my gal pals from cookery school at our house.  I am wearing my friends designer pumps with 7.5" lift for fun.  They look great with my Ernie sweater.  Otherwise, I would be the shortest of them all!









No comments:

Post a Comment