Monday, February 4, 2013

A Stolen Apple

I'm into week five of cookery school. I know where all the pots and pans are.  I know where the dressing room is.  I know which bus I need to catch and where I need to get off.  I know which instructors are more lenient in judging my dishes.  What I don't know is who pinched my apple today. When we show up in the kitchen we spend the next 30-45 minutes getting all of the ingredients for the dishes we will be preparing that morning.  Today we made 5 dishes, all with tons of ingredients.  It requires organization, time, and tubs (containers with lids.) I know for an absolute fact that I had an apple that was intended to go into some raspberry muffins we were making.  I had even cut the apple in half (we only needed half for the recipe, and I had passed along the other portion.) An hour later, when it was time to use said apple half, it was gone.  There is no great conclusion to my tale of woe or mystery solved.  The apple was never found. After some searching another apple was located, and I lost 5 minutes due to the "apple theft incident," which means that I plated up 5 minutes late. I didn't lose any points, but it was frustrating none the less.  I am chipper and kind and silly, but not an especially speedy chef.  Stolen ingredients doesn't help with my slow-in-the-kitchen condition.



My Mom wanted a picture of me in the kitchen.  Here it is!  The hat is silliness and won't stay on my head.



Not related, poor Calvin was home sick today with a wicked cold. We had the missionary's and an investigator/ new friend over for dinner and FHE; hamburgers with all the fixins (including bacon!) She brought Chocolate cake, which was to die for.

2 comments:

  1. Look how cute and professional you are!! It must have been a good cake to impress you, lets hear it for new friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe it was a Rat trying to cook.

    ReplyDelete