Monday, February 11, 2013

Looking Busy

I think one of the best ways to appear busy at school is to just load a bunch of stuff on my table.  Today we did recipe testing, in preparation for a food photography project where our dishes will each be photographed by a pro.  We (the students) each turned in a list of a few options of things that we might like to make for the challenge, and the principal instructor then selected which one she thought would photograph best.  From my list, she chose the stacked mango salad with mint dressing. It needs some tweaking, but the finished product is destined to be lovely.  Ryan is still hanging out with the politicians in D.C., and the kids partied like it was 1999 with Owen's nanny at a bounce house. 



My cluttered table. My scale is in the background with my business card on it.  I love my business card.



A little looksie of my Stacked Mango Salad with Mint Dressing, and Mango Coulis dribbled in the corners. Triangle plates are cool.



A side view.  It needs some help.



This is a picture of spun sugar on top of burnt caramel (accidental) cream puffs, in a pate sucre shell.  Kind of a weird looking dish, but the spun sugar is pretty cool, and made me think of some fun Halloween themed dishes.



2 comments: