Sunday, February 10, 2013

Chocolate Chip Sunday

As many of you know, my calling (church assignment) is to make sure our church building gets cleaned weekly (not weakly as many mistakingly suppose.) Anywhoo, I promised each organization that if they completed their assignments this week, I would deliver fresh cookies to them on Sunday. I reviewed the checklists yesterday night, around 5:00pm, and it looked like I needed to make about 70 cookies.  I felt inspired to check again this morning, and my new cookie total came to around 160.  Yikes! Chocolate chip cookie party at the Smith's this morning.  I also gave my husband's lesson in Sunday School and  prepared my son's talk for Primary. And was called as the 1st Councillor in the Young Women's program. I am still also the facilities manager, and haven't been released as a Relief Society Teacher.   My sweet kids have the week off from school, and for the first time in my mom life, I am busy (with school) and won't be around to entertain, snuggle, party hard with them during their break.  Only 6 weeks left.  I will be so glad (and sad) when it ends.  I miss hanging out with my children.  When I am done, I can hang out once again, and we can dine on gourmet food.



Annie drew this tonight whilst I made dinner.  She wanted to know if there were boy angels also.  We talked about the Angel Moroni, who is seen on many Ladder Day Saint temples, just to help her understand that there are boy angels.  I am glad that her heart told her that naturally girl angels existed. How lovely that Jesus is saying "I love you people."

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Lindsey that is a lot of cookies. I am so excited for you and your new calling. I would say that my favorite calling was being Young Women's president but honestly they have all been wonderful. I love the mantle that comes with a calling and how quickly and deeply I loved and cared for all my young women. The activities are always fun too. Having that calling got me interested in a lot of LDS inspiring music that I still listen to on a daily bases. Hope you have a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete