Thursday, February 21, 2013

REHIS

As of today, I am now able to say that I have my food handler's license in not just one, but TWO countries, and I received a perfect score on each exam.  Where are the Guinness Book of World Record people when I need them?! Some differences and similarities between the US and UK, with regards to food handling:  Both countries have a multiple choice test. The US uses Fahrenheit, the UK uses Celsius. The US exam requires you to pass the test and offers a booklet with info to help you study the content.  The UK requires that you take a 6 1/2 (six and a half!) hour class, before letting you take the test. The US shows now videos (since they don't have a class.) The UK shows several videos, with bad graphics, a silly script, and even a mouse baked into a loaf of bread.  What the what! That was gross. And I am now licensed to know gross when I see it.




6 comments:

  1. You are awesome!!! Handle away with care and amazingness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 Big differences between the UK and the US food handling: Horse meat. ha ha ha ha Funniness aside: you are my hero. Way to go!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well said! You better believe we had a lengthy discussion about that during our Butcher Demonstration and during the Food Handling Class.

      Delete
  3. Totally cool. Just another reason I want to be like you when I grow up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is HUGE!!! what a wonderful thing girl!!!!! happy day... now get home and cook me up a feast!!!! hahahahaha.

    ReplyDelete