Sunday, December 2, 2012

Things I Miss

A few things that I am missing from home (Bountiful, Utah) tonight.

- My church calling (assigned job to do in the congregation) of working with the Young Women. I truly looked forward to our meeting on Sunday and to the weekly activity on Wednesday night.  I enjoyed so very much spending time with the girls/other leaders and hearing, laughing, and learning about the gospel with them.

-My neighborhood.  The nicest neighbors in the world, plenty of people to borrow eggs and/or lemon juice from. Thank you for being my emergency grocery stop, and for being so much more.

-My cooking buddies at ICB.  I still find out the theme ingredient for the month, and figure out what I would make if I were there.

-Volunteering at Muir Elementary School.  Loved the school, the teachers, the staff, the other parent volunteers, the kids, the school lunches, everything.

-The December chocolate dipping party, hosted by Shelly and Cami.  If I were in town, I would bring sugared orange rinds again.  We all liked those.

-Dicks Market.  The donuts, the convenience, the friendly staff, the pianist in the produce section playing Christmas music in December.  It's a world class grocery store.

-My dog.  He used to run away, and dig through the trash.  It mattereth not.  Around April we saw the writing on the wall and knew that we would be leaving the country for Ryan's sabbatical.  Soo many loose ends to tie up, and Charlie was one of them.  Our beagle went to a great home.  We had him for 5 years and I still occasionally miss him enough to cry.

Simon (4 yrs), Annie (almost 2) and Neighborhood pal (2 years) with Charlie checking out the action on Halloween night, 5 years ago.  What a dog.

1 comment:

  1. Since we are reminiscing... I miss being able to call you about all the silly things that happen during the day, those 2 minute phone calls are sorely missed. It is amazing I have been able to cope with all the crazy things that make me insecure through out the day.

    ReplyDelete