Wednesday, December 5, 2012

ENTCS

I started a class today at Edinburgh New Town Cookery School.  It was fun, delicious, exciting, and packed with fresh ingredients and information.  I loved every minute of it!  The song from the musical "My Fair Lady" kept running through my head, "I could have danced all night, I could have danced all night, and still have begged for more..." Replace the words "danced" and "night" with "cooked" and "day," and you would have me.  It is an all day course, lasting just three days, but I am having a blast.  The toilet backed up tonight, I accidentally (make sure you are sitting down) left my wallet on the Lothian Bus (please pray with me that it gets turned in to the lost and found so I can grab it asap tomorrow morning) and I still have laundry that needs to be sorted, but my spirits are high.  I feel like such a lucky duck... who needs a wallet miracle, but a lucky duck nonetheless.


The pastry crust that I made for a bacon Quiche Lorraine.

Possibly the most beautiful loaf of bread I have ever made.  Poppyseed White.

My lunch: Minestrone, hot bread, and pesto. I overate. 

A shot of the kitchen.  Isn't it gorgeous!?

The front of the School.  It's located in the heart of downtown Edinburgh, and now hold a place in my heart. I love it like a love song baby, and I keep hitting repeat.


4 comments:

  1. Such passion! I am so glad you got to do this, as I predicted when I was 16 you would be doing something with food and the PTA :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At 16, my twin knew me way better than I knew myself! Any predictions of fame and fortune?

      Delete
  2. girl how have you not tried out for MasterChef?????? i love it all!!!!!

    ReplyDelete