Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Stones

I have decided that the Scotts are some of the most inviting hosts ever.  Every single time I enter the home of a Scott, I am offered some edible delectable.  For example, today I went with some friends to visit a woman in our church. When we showed up, she welcomed us in and let us know that lunch would be ready in about 10 minutes.  I love surprises like this, and the food was delicious.  This is a tradition that I could get used to, both as a hostess and as a guest.  This brings me to my next point... I am going to return to the states at least 10 pounds heavier.  Whilst in Scotland I am in permanent "special occasion" mode (where I will let myself eat more than I should because I am celebrating just being here) but I also want to sample every single thing that comes across my path, as I might actually never get another chance to try...  Enter my bathroom scale.  I love it!  It only gives me my weight in kilograms (which is just a two-digit number) and stones (which is a single digit number!) I have no idea how much I really weigh.  I also have no intention of ever doing a kg. to lb. conversion, as the current numbers remind me of my glory days in primary school where I liked to watch the numbers go up because it meant I was growing bigger.  I'm still going through a growth spurt all right, just "out," not "up."Biscuits? Cheese?  Scones? Cakes? Yes please, I am a growing girl.



My scale.  I really love the lavender paint in this bathroom, and so would my mother.

1 comment:

  1. I need that scale!! So your in a new country and you NEED to try everything, what is my excuse?!

    ReplyDelete