Saturday, December 15, 2012

Christmas Primary Party

Toilet Paper Snowmen, Christmas Stocking Three Legged Race, Dance off, Holiday Memory Game, Toss a Marshmallow in the Snowman's Mouth, Draw an Ornament, Pass the Paper Jubilee with a Straw,  Cookie Decorating and a visit from Santa who handed out a wrapped giant box of Cadbury Chocolates (think 1/2 gallon of milk size) for each and every child!  What a party.  With about 18 kids total, they managed to keep the tots to the tweens entertained and busy. The rest of the day was cleaning, and squabbling, and fairly unpleasant, but the Christmas Primary Party was "brilliant." (Aren't I starting to sound like a native Scot!) 

Owen being turned into a snowman by Annie and Simon.  He loves being T.P.'d.


An action shot. Don't worry, Owen is looking towards the door and his face isn't covered.


Calvin was going for a ninja snowman, but it ended up looking a little more like a pregnant woman wearing a hijab.  In his defense, they ran out of toilet paper.


Annie won a play dough kit at the dance off.  She must take after her Grandmother Melba!


This is so far fetched, but true!  15 years ago I was in Tucson, Arizona, attending the University 4th ward.  At the time my father was the Bishop.  I got to talking with this lovely sister in our Edinburough ward shortly after we moved in.  I expressed my elation about the Tucson Temple being announced and she informed me that she had actually lived in Tucson for a time. Surprised, I dug deeper.  Turns out that she, Fiona Grey (now Fiona Moon) was also in the U4 ward at the same time!  What a small world.  She is holding her darling daughter, and I'm sure many of you U4'ers will remember her fondly.  

This is Sylvia the Snowman Cake artist, and will be Owen's sitter in the mornings while I am at cookery school.  I love her to pieces, and so does Owen.



Simon decorating a cookie.  What a squirrel. 


1 comment:

  1. I remember Fiona, the only Fiona that I have ever known! What an awesome idea with the toilet paper. And any woman who can have the patience to make such a lovely cake, surely has patience with little children, Owen will have a blast with her!

    ReplyDelete