Thursday, December 6, 2012

Day Two!

I learned a few things at cookery school today.  First things first, I am an idiot: my wallet/backpack was sitting inside the cloak room at the school, right where I left it and forgot it yesterday.  10 points to Ryan for not making me feel even sillier than I already feel about being scatterbrained and irresponsible.  Thanks to all who prayed for it's safe and rapid return to it's owner.  Heavenly Father always answers prayers.  I also learned that the plasters (bandaids) used at cookery school are bright blue (think painters tape) because no natural food is that color, and no one wants to find a bandaid that has accidentally become part of their meal.  It was a minor cut, only a flesh wound.  My sweet Annie noticed the plaster, and naturally wanted one for herself. Now, to the kids, they started piano lessons (again) tonight, this time with a native English speaker, which I believe will suit the family well.  Their teacher is a college student, plays piano beautifully, and come to our home, making my life easy! Preston, Calvin, Simon, and Annie are now piano students, and Owen is still a nutter.


The filling for the cottage pie that we made.  We use dry erase markers to write our names on the pans so that we know who's dish is who's.  Isn't that clever!


This is the largest potato I have ever seen in my entire life.  It eventually turned into a lovely mashed potato.
  

At the half way mark, we eat some of the food we have prepared for lunch.  My table consists of 4 women and 3 men, most of which have travelled here for the weekend to participate in the class. 


We made a "Victoria Sandwich" which is a white cake with raspberry jam and butter cream icing in between another white cake, then dusted with powdered sugar. The cake pans have a bottom that can be popped up just by standing them on a cup (as seen above in the picture.) I probably am not describing the process very well, but it was cool.

2 comments:

  1. Good to see that you are still cooking away, Lindsey! I can't wait to have you come home and have you share all your wisdom with us. We miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my I want some of that Victoria Sandwich, for sure!

    ReplyDelete