Sunday, December 16, 2012

Christmas Cards

Happy Second Sunday Before Christmas!  Our ward takes this holiday very seriously, as was demonstrated today by the handing out of a zillion Christmas cards immediately following the sacrament meeting.  It felt like Santa's mail room.  I had nothing to give in return but some hugs... but my friends have told me before that I am a very accomplished hugger.  My little's have also received copious amounts of Christmas cards from school, which has tickled them pink.   I have also received a few Christmas cards from the states (Cami!), which has been wonderful! 


A few cards on the piano.  They are scattered all over the house, which is delightfully festive.



"Have a cool Yule." The kids like this card the best, because they didn't know what a "yule" was and thought it was a piece of poo with arms, legs and a smile, and a holly berry leaf for a hat.

4 comments:

  1. What a lovely tradition and keep sake when you leave, don't let Ryan throw them out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll send you ours! I need your address, tho, and what is the postage requirement?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The post office will let you know all the international details... I still know so very little about how this country works! Our address here is:
      85 Colinton Road
      Edinburgh, EH10 5 DF
      United Kingdom

      Delete
    2. Off it goes... on Christmas Eve, so maybe by New Year's.

      Delete