Friday, December 14, 2012

A Decision Made

Ryan wants another tie for Christmas, Chippy and Sunshine love their new home, and I, Lindsey Joy Smith, will be getting my culinary education as a full time student at the Edinburgh New Town Cookery School, come January 2013.   It's a totally hardcore school where I will be forced to wear a full chef's uniform (I love to dress up),  forced to make large quantities of amazing food (I love to cook), and then forced to sample everything that I create (my new"growth spurt" plan.) Owen (4) is in Tynecastle Nursery School.  Annie (7), Calvin (10) and Simon (9) are attending Craiglockhart Primary School.  Preston (13) is an S2 at Boroughmuir Secondary School.  Ryan (36) is getting his PHD at Napier University.  And now I too will get to join my family in attending school in Edinburgh.  It's a blessing and a miracle and a tender mercy and a dream come true all wrapped up in a chefs coat; a truly good gift from a loving Heavenly Father.  It's the most wonderful time of the year.



These were the treats we got the kids at our local chocolatier to celebrate that we will all be students in Scotland together. 4 chocolate reindeer  for Cal, Si, AJ and O, and 1 marzipan banana for Preston. He loves him some good marzipan.  


8 comments:

  1. That is such exciting news!! I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so wonderful! I just had to go to the Edinburgh New Town Cookery School's website because the name sounds so cool. Did you know it was a 2012 winner of the British Cookery School award? My favorite clip from their website: "The school spans five floors and offers panoramic views across the Firth of Forth." Try saying "school spans five floors" five times quickly - or just "Firth of Forth", for that matter. This is Lindsey's school for sure - award winner and fun to talk about. Now we know the real reason why your family moved to Scotland. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Words can not express how HAPPY I am for you! A life long dream reached before 35! Seriously I woke up smiling thinking about how this leap of faith will enrich your passion even more, so happy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone for your words of encouragement. It took a lot of prayer and fasting to finally arrive at the decision to take the plunge, but I am so glad and super excited. The hours are also going to be manageable, 9:00am to about 4:30Pm; still able to help with homework, and chances are high that I will actually be bringing many dinners home. The real challenge now is to locate a plaid chef's jacket.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Linds, I am so happy for you. I insist however, that when you come home, you have to teach me everything you learned. We can just add it to everything you have already taught me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete