Sunday, December 7, 2014

Stake Conference

For all of my non-Mormon friends, the event titled "Stake Conference" probably sound alike a great party where people gather to eat steak.  But upon reading, it's easier to see that that "stake" isn't spelled like the t-bone. It actually refers to a geographical boundary that includes 5-10ish Mormon congregations.  Well, to the point. Today for Sunday services we had Stake Conference. We got to hear from several speakers, who spoke on various topics, such as temples, service, trials, faith and abundance.  For me, it seemed the message that kept ringing in my ears was service.  Jesus performed  many acts of service while here on Earth.  It was suggested more than once, that as the family gathers at night for dinner, instead of asking "How was your day?" we could ask "Who were you able to help?"  What a great question!  I like the idea of asking both, bc I really do want to know about their day, and I want them to get into the habit of serving their people, their brothers and sisters.  Maybe as I bug them, I will also practice and improve my abilities to help others. Happy Sunday.


Simon was in the children's choir today.  The music was wonderful.
I love Christmas hymns!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment