Thursday, December 25, 2014

Christmas Eve

We headed just two hours further South to spend some holiday time with my side of the family, the Holman clan.  Christmas Eve was wonderful, as was time spent with loved ones.  Many of the gifts I got for my children were shipped down to Tucson, via Amazon, so this evening I had quite a few things to wrap.  As a blessing, my twin (who we are lucky enough to be staying with) had already done all of her wrapping, so she joined in on the fun. It only took us one viewing of "Waking Ned Divine" to finish the job.  It was a Merry Christmas Eve.


A pal of mine goes bowling with her family every Christmas Eve.  
We decided to be Christmas copy cats and give it a whirl.  My parents, and twin's and brother's family joined us. 5 Lanes, 21 bowlers, root beer and fries, score of 133. Not too shabby.



We had time to kill in between our bowling and the Christmas Eve festivities at my Mom's house so we took the kids to the two places we lived before our small family headed to live in Berkeley, CA.
This place was super cheap, and a total dump:~)



About a month before Preston was due, we moved into a new apartment complex that I absolutely loved.  It cost a little bit more than the first place, but was totally worth every penny.



On to my mom's, where we celebrated Christmas Eve.  We pigged out on home-made rolls and ham, went caroling, read the nativity story found in the Bible, and just enjoyed each other's company.



I love hearing my Dad read.



In lieu of our family's more traditional Christmas pj's, I opted for Christmas Eve slippers instead.
Very fun, and cozy too.



Loads of stockings, waiting patiently for tomorrow morning.

*** December 24th, 2014 ***



No comments:

Post a Comment