Sunday, December 21, 2014

Super Sunday

 The debate was wether to get into Mesa in time to hang out before a huge family party, or to attend a 9:00am sacrament meeting that would have us racing to town to catch the party on time.  As I love sacrament meeting, and am especially fond of Christmas music (and I knew there would be loads of it on the Sabbath before Christmas) we opted for the late start, early church, and lightning fast potty brakes. To pass the time, we listened to the entire Charles Dicken's "A Christmas Carol." It was delightful, and so incredibly well written.  Such a lovely story.  We pulled into Mesa about 5 minutes before the Wright Family Christmas bash began.  NO flat tires, no speeding tickets, no keys... luckily we found them after the party.  Safe and sound in AZ.



Calvin heading into church, showing me his undershirt.



Snuggling in the hotel bed.



At a gas station they had the most amazing metal art on display.  
The round cactus were fantastic.



Another favorite was this riverbed rock scorpion.  I don't know where I would put it in my house, but I'm sure I would find a place.



Hanging out in the car for 8 hours.



Dishing up at our Mexican fiesta!



The end of the meal is always a talent show.  Preston sang for the crowd.
FYI: The facility we were at is called the Wright House, which had been in the family for years.  Ryan and I had our wedding luncheon here just 15 1/2 years ago.  Time flies.



1 comment:

  1. Just knowing you are in the same state as me makes me extremely happy! Can' wait to ses you guys!

    ReplyDelete