Monday, December 15, 2014

Failing the Test

I had a midwife appointment today.  I am now officially in my third trimester, and to celebrate, I had my glucose screening test.  Basically, you drink a really lousy, sugary drink and then get your blood drawn exactly one hour later.  I got to choose from three tasty beverage options: lemon lime, orange, or fruit punch.  I opted for the punch, and it tasted like a lousy twist off top beverage, a "Squeeze It!" This isn't going anywhere good. I failed my screening, and as a reward, I get to go in tomorrow, fasting for the 3 hour version of the test.  Does this sound lame? It should.  If tomorrow goes as well as today, I'm pretty sure that means that I will have gestational diabetes, and that I won't be allowed to celebrate Christmas, New Year's, or be happy for the next 12 1/2 weeks. Sounds fun, doesn't it.  The deal is, I don't feel so hot. Some one needs to call me a whaaaa..ambulance.  



We finally have a little snow. This fell yesterday, and is sticking around just to prove it's winter. I'm really hoping that it doesn't snow again before we depart for Christmas.  I just hate driving in the snow... and being cold... and faffing about with winter gear... and heating bills.



Annie on the beam at gym tonight. She LOVES gymnastics, with all her heart.



Tonight, Preston got some visitors.



An invite to the Sweethearts dance... two months early!  What a catch. I'm curious what creative reply he will give to the girl...



The cups/poster whereon the front door step. Then when he walked into the house, these 5 girls (who were hiding behind that front entry wall) all popped up and sang a modified version of "Isn't He lovely?!) It was so much fun to watch.  What a guy. And as for the girls, I like them already!

1 comment:

  1. Two months early?! Talk about being in high demand! This pregnancy is flying by for me, already in the third trimester :)

    ReplyDelete