Sunday, December 14, 2014

And His Name Shall Be Called...

I taught the lesson in the women's meeting today at church.  We sang loads of Christmas hymns, heard stories of Christmas cheer and giving, and ate some cookies. My fabulous aunt gave me a lovely gift last year: a framed picture that lists many of the names that Jesus Christ is known by.  This was also the answer to the prayer on what to give my church sisters for Christmas.  Below is a copy of the list.  Bust out your magnifying glass.  If you would like a copy of the word doc, I will gladly email it to anyone... in exchange for your favorite Christmas food tradition ( tamales, roast beast, ginger snaps, etc), just because I think that info would amuse me.  Happy Sunday. Merry Christmas.  Tis the Season.  Gloria!






My Grandpa had a family Christmas party tonight with all of my in-town aunts and uncles and cousins.  It was wonderful. Simon was Joseph, Annie was Mary.



I love hearing the nativity and watching the littles act it out.



Owen was a wise-man.



Grandpa had us go caroling to a few neighbors.



The kids put together holiday bags for the homeless, which contain some food, toothbrush and tooth paste, etc. What a great idea.



After our party, we drove around the Bountiful Temple. The neighbors right across from temple have a lovely display.  Several houses participate, with each house displaying a passage of scripture from Christ's birth, and beautiful accompanying paintings.  It's nice and big, the one pictures is about 4 feet by 6 feet.  If you live near Bountiful, and haven't driven by the temple yet, I say it's worth the gas.




No comments:

Post a Comment