Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Surprise Trip for Lesley!!!

My twin sister Lesley and I always try to get together on our birthday.  Some years it hasn't worked out, but we attempt it every year none the less.  The clear highlight of the day was calling my beloved twin and telling her that the seat she was sitting in at her dinner table was hiding an envelope. I told her to open it and read it out loud (knowing that her husband was recording it.) She then read that she is going on a surprise trip to Denver, Colorado, TOMORROW!, where I will meet her (and our big sis.) to celebrate the big 36!  Surprising Lesley Jane Holman Howe will be remembered as an absolute highlight (thus far) of my short, yet glorious life.  10 points to all of our husbands for funding the adventure.  I hope to plan a girls trip soon where all of the Holman women gather for food, fun, and fun food.



Delightful fabric I bought at Ikea today. I will make it into some pillows for our conversation pit.



Progress!  Look at the insulation now in the wall.



Oooooh,  Sheet rock is going up.



I am my father's daughter and I understand that power tools are cool.



It's now taped and spackled. Just a little more sheet rock to go up, and then we can move on to painting.



Bedtime... so we called everyone up for prayers... and banana splits with hot fudge. Boom baby.



This is Owen asleep in his bed.  He has a square turtle pillow.  Apparently he put a t-shirt on over his pajamas to hold the turtle in place on his tummy while he slept. Darling and strange.



1 comment: