Sunday, March 9, 2014

Chocolate Chip Cookie


I honestly can't think of a single thing that I don't like to cook, but being without a kitchen for 2 weeks now, I am just now coming to terms with how very often I make cookies. Probably about 3 times a week.  I also make bread all the time.  And soup and cake and I fry up bacon regularly.  But cookies were on my mind all afternoon.  I have every single ingredient necessary to make chocolate chip cookies.  I have an oven (in fact I have two, because of the whole cooking classes thing I'm doing.) They are just boxed up waiting to be installed. But no cookies for me today... until one of my dear friends listened to the promptings of the Holy Ghost and dropped by a plate loaded with chocolate chip cookies.  I think I ate seven of them (that is to say I stopped counting around #5.) To all of my dear friends who question whether a cookie will make you feel better, the answer is yes! To all of my dear friends who have kindly fed my family, offered love and encouragement, taught my kids in church, walked them home after an injury, pulled me aside to tell me to XYZPDQ*, I thank you.  From the bottom of my heart.  I am blessed to be surrounded by such thoughtful friends.  It's the warm fuzzies that will remain with me, long after I've digested the food.


A church friend dropped by and needed a picture of our family... in heart formation...taken from a height.  It's a complete family picture (and by that I mean that Annie is holding our turtle, Athena Xena.)



Dear Howe family (my twin's family,) Here are the completed benches in the conversation pit. Ryan and I searched the fabric store high and low, and then finally settled on the padded silver quilted ironing board fabric. It wasn't on sale but I did have a coupon! We simply fell in love with it, and with the idea that we can do all of our ironing in our conversation pit! All we need to do now is find some pillows to lean against.



Card games on my bed. 



This container full of chocolate and spices kept mocking me all day... until an angel delivered chocolate chip cookies to my door.  I have many friends who obviously just put their wings away during the day, so as not to intimidate me.


X.Y.Z.P.D.Q. - meaning "Examine your zipper, pretty darn quick."
The funnest and easiest way to tell someone their fly is down.

1 comment:

  1. My kids were so happy to see the pit pictures! Hardly a morning goes by without checking their aunties blog. No mention of how cute Owen is posing in the pit?! He looks adorable as a floor model!

    ReplyDelete