Friday, March 7, 2014

Library Brawl

I always feel like a great mom when I take my kids to the library. Friday is early out day so this afternoon I took Simon, Annie, and Owen to our local library.  We picked out a few books and I was reading some to Owen when Annie came over to me and pointed out an adorable little baby girl in a stroller.  Annie and I both love looking at babies. So the baby and mom head over in our general direction and I tell the mom that her baby is darling and ask how old she is... small, polite, mom chat. Apparently, whilst I'm making a new friend, Annie and Owen got into an argument over picking out a movie... and, like barbarians, the fight led to scratching and punching. Crazy. So, as soon as I notice, I pull them apart, and then I notice an even bigger problem: Owen is dripping blood from his nose like a running faucet.  Occasionally Owen gets nosebleeds, and today was his lucky day (oddly enough, Annie didn't even hit him in the nose; his nose wasn't red or puffy or bruised.) Annie might be intense, but she is also crazy efficient.  She is a machine at getting things done.  Within about 5 seconds she had located toilet paper for his nose, and had even fetched a trash can.  It took about 15 minutes to stop the bleed, and about 1/4 roll of t.p. There was a crowd. Librarians were very helpful. No one earned the privilege of getting a treat after we checked out our books.  "What about ice-cream?," Annie asked as we drove home. I replied "Sorry kids.  I have a strict 'no ice-cream after library brawls' policy. And of course, neither of them got to pick out a video. What the what.


Before the fight. Peacefully reading.



This is a very sanitized pic of the scene of the crime. There was blood all over both of our hands, Owen's shirt and jeans, my dress, and some on the wooden arm rest.  By miracle, no blood got on any books, or the cloth couch cushion.



Simon is going through a mythical creature phase. Aren't we all.



RIght after a movie.  Fast Asleep Annie and Owen.  Good night Simon and Calvin.

No comments:

Post a Comment