Monday, January 20, 2014

MLK Day

Today began the way that most American's begin this special day: by listening to the song titled "Shed A Little Light" by James Taylor (if you haven't heard it ever or not for a while, go to grooveshark.com and listen to it for free.) It starts with the words: Oh let us turn or thoughts today to Martin Luther King, and recognize that there are ties between us, all men and women, living on the earth. Ties of hope and love of sister and brotherhood..." It's a great song about love, peace and our shared experiences as humans, our need for love and each other.  Thank Heaven for the Civil Rights movement!  I also want to give a shout out on this special day to all those who aren't government employees, who didn't get today off, but would have liked to celebrate with those of us who were free today... Mom I love you!  Happy MLK Day.



Annie made play dough, because she is crafty and prolific!



Last night Calvin was awarded his Tenderfoot.  I love my Mom Boy Scout pins!
10 points to dedicated Scout leaders! Thank you for helping my boys!



I cut Preston's hair today.  I think I did a pretty great job.  And I also made Preston!



Who knew there was actually a kangaroo lurking about at the Kangaroo Zoo Bounce house?!



Owen at the pool today.  I am so glad that he is turning into a fish!




No comments:

Post a Comment