Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Dutch Potatoes

I come from a long line of potatoes lovers.  I love them mashed, fried, baked, twice baked, scalloped, shredded, hashed, and even dumplinged.  I know that I have done my ancestors proud in my efforts to consume vast quantities of spuds. An area though, that could use some improvement, is my ability to render Christlike service, as demonstrated by my family in generations past.   LDS.org just featured a story about my maternal Great Grandparents.  Whilst serving on a mission in the Netherlands, they started something now called "The Potato Project." I've always known that food can bring people together, I just never realized how it can also help people forgive.  To view the clip, go to 

http://history.lds.org/article/dutch-potatoes-video?lang=eng&cid=HPFR010314316&im=true

I know you'll like it.  If you watch it while eating french fries, I know you'll enjoy it even more.



Owen helping me give Athena a bath.



Jade made rolls for dinner tonight.  She wasn't too sure about this punching down the dough so...



Owen and Annie gladly accepted the challenge.

2 comments:

  1. I loved the article about your great grandparents. Thanks for posting the link. Bonna

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have such cool ancestors and sisters in this family!

    ReplyDelete