Saturday, January 18, 2014

Second Hand Success (aka Miracle)

Its cold and snowy outside.  We don't ski.  I don't like to be cold, and my kids like to swim, so today we decided to head down to the rec center for a dip in the pool.  Preston and RYan were building sets for a musical the Peas will be in a month, so it was just me and the bottom 4 kids.  Our only problem was that Simon, Annie, and Owen couldn't find their swimsuits... and it's January so most stores don't have their swimsuits out yet.  DI (our local awesome thrift shop) seemed to be our only chance.  Calvin, randomly, wanted some flippers, and I had been searching high and low for a coat rack, to hang my aprons on in the kitchen.  I said a prayer, knowing that none of these requests were life and death, but also knowing that parents like to treat their kids every once in awhile, I figured I could petition Heavenly Father and see what happens.  We found swimsuits for the bottom three... like the only swimsuits on the racks that just happened to fit each of them.  The Calvin comes along with flippers... that totally fit, nice quality speedo flippers (normally around $30, but purchased today for $2!) At this point we were all pretty excited to have located most of our stuff.  Annie heads over to the home furnishing bit and then returns to tell me they have my coat rack.  It was a Saturday Second Hand Success!  We will all forever remember this day.  I love DI.  How grateful I am for such a happy, affirmative answer to my prayers!


Calvin with his flippers!



Me with that ugly gold coat rack!



Annie showing off my fab new turquoise coat rack!



Not found at the DI, but Ryan still got these basketball shoes for half the price at thrift store. 
It must run in the family... cheapness, that is.

2 comments:

  1. Emily Bavender this reminds me of you and your blessed thrift store finds! I love that you got the coat rack and painted it the same day! Now that to me is the real success!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow buying and painting on the same day. what a success

    ReplyDelete