Sunday, January 12, 2014

Fairy Tales

I just finished reading a book, just for the fun of it, and I loved every minute of it.  There was no surprise ending.  It was a Beauty and the Beast story.  And as I turned the final page, and epiphany about myself entered my heart: for as much grumbling as I do about the difficulty of life, deep down, I believe in fairy tales, in happy endings, in the bad guy getting what they deserve (which is often a whole lot less than what one might presume) because even in the end, the bad guy gets a chance to fix things and make them right, at least the Beast does in Beauty and the Beast.  I love the disney film version, I loved the broadway musical (10! points to a high school date who drove me all the way up to Phoenix - a 2 hour drive- so that I could enjoy the magic!) And 10 points to my oldest for the recommendation.  Not to get Sunday sappy, but I really do believe that when we rely on Heavenly Father, he can give us a fairy tale ending.  The lesson at our congregation's women's meeting today focused on meaningful prayer.  It was a great reminder to me that when I share my hopes and dreams with my Heavenly Father, he can help me make them come true (or direct me to an even better hope and dream than the one I had imagined.)



I loved Angela Landsbury's performance in disney B and B, as Mrs. Potts.
I think everyone did.

No comments:

Post a Comment