Thursday, January 16, 2014

Fresh Mozzarella

There are many foods that warm my heart, but tonight a real winner warmed my belly.  Like many of you foodie's out there, I go through periods of fixating on a certain ingredient.  Fresh mozzarella is the object of my obsession.  Here's the deal.  It just tastes sooo good.  It's all creamy and mild.  It's best friends with avocado's.  It's married to fresh tomatoes.  It likes to hang out with basil and olive oil and balsamic vinegar (the good vinegar that can be had at specialty stores: I'm sorry to report I did a vinegar taste test recently and... snap, you get what you pay for.  Not all balsamic vinegars are created equal.)  This evening my family dined on a home-made pizza topped with sauce of my own make, ham, and fresh mozzarella. It was delectable.  Go ahead.  Grab some the next time you're getting messages (that's what they call groceries in Scotland.)



Doesn't that look inviting?!?

1 comment: