Sunday, September 21, 2014

Pocatello and Preston!

A day in pictures:


A great crossroads in Pocatello, Idaho. My grandfather and Dad were builders developers.  They got to name two streets: Holman (my Maiden name) and Lavine (after my grandmother.) Pretty fab to have my crew standing there.



We are right in front of the home my Dad grew up in.
Three cheers for 351 Chapel St.



I remember the backyard looking much bigger.



I was always super impressed with my grandma's garden.



This is the chapel just across the street from their house.
All day I kept picturing my dad as a little boy, horsing around with his siblings, cousins, and friends.  What a wonderful childhood a place like Pocatello, Idaho must have provided. 


Another pic of the front of the house. Dad, I wanted to take loads of pics for you!



A big tower that says "Welcome to Pocatello."



I remember visiting this place as a child when we would drive up from Arizona for a visit.
They were closed but are still the home of the Space Burger!



After leaving Pocatello, we hit Preston, Idaho to check out a  bunch of the famous sites from the hit movie Napoleon Dynamite.  This is the high school. Simon is pretending to draw a liger.



Owen is jumping off the school's pride rock (I'm guessing that's what that is.) 
I just think the picture looks cool.



In front of Pedro's house. Simon is pretending to ride the bike over the ramp, just like the movie.



In front of the Trisha's house.



In front of Napoleon's House.



Ryan was there, he was just mostly playing camera man.



In front of Summer's House. 
Too many pics for this post, but they all seemed super important and I didn't want to cut any out.


No comments:

Post a Comment