Monday, September 15, 2014

Vanilla Gorilla

A nick name that I have for Ryan is "My Vanilla Gorilla".  Shortly after we started dating, we snuck into a nearby apartment complex to go swimming (Ryan's idea) and that's when I got really scared/excited about the future. This man was hairy, like really hairy, which could only mean one thing: he's a real man. And that meant that I could actually marry this real man (as opposed to all of the boys I dated in high school.)  I've always loved his hairy chest, but with chemo looming, my Vanilla Gorilla might turn into a Hairless Cat (which is a loving nickname we have for one of my favorite male relatives who might have 3 chest hairs total.) Anyways, on Saturday we were killing time at the DI and Ryan found this shirt that says "God made a few perfect heads, on the rest he put hair." What a perfect shirt, a shirt that would have been almost meaningless just 8 days ago.  I have every confidence that Ryan will be able to rock a bald look.  I am hoping that when it grows back, it will be red and curly, like Napoleon Dynamite, and naturally, Ryan is hoping for that as well.



What are the odds that he would find this little gem in our local thrift store (aka the D.I.?)




Our special Sunday dinner was a delicious manicotti that a friend made for us a few days ago. First of all, it tasted fab, but secondly, I simply loved how she wrote the instructions on the foil. "Hello, I'm Manicotti!"

1 comment:

  1. Your DI is the best in the US. What a find. Who is the hairless cat male relative any way?

    ReplyDelete