Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Keep Your Head Up

Yesterday (Monday) I took Ryan in for a procedure and we went out with a diagnosis. He has colon cancer.  We left the facility a little low, but naturally headed to Nielsen's Frozen Custard to celebrate this new road that we will be traveling together. Some complications from the procedure arose and since that time, we have had two visits to the ER.  We know nothing about the stage of cancer; only that I personally think that having colon cancer is lame, but at 38 years old, it's especially lame.  Time will tell where this new development takes our family.   Many songs, especially hymns, have been running in my mind the last two days, but a favorite came into my mind today, and it made me smile.  It's by Andy Grammar, and is titled "Keep Your Head Up." I can do that. We can do that together,  I am confidant that my Heavenly Parents are watching over us. I feel Their love and the support, and the prayers from all of my dear family and friends. Thank you for the meals, emails, texts, babysitting (yeah Preston!) Priesthood blessing, and for Ryan's parents who arrived tonight to pitch in as needed.  Life in unpredictable, and at this time of reflection, we count you all among our greatest blessings. Go hug someone!



I had this for lunch today at the hospital. It was pretty lame.
Ryan didn't let me take a hospital picture. It's not like I would try to post it on my blog...:~) 

5 comments:

  1. Can't think of a better person to give cancer the big 1-2! And from personal experience I can't think of a better companion by his side. Further proof that the Smith family is incredible, prayers haven't stopped for you. We LOVE the Smith family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayers are being said for you and Ryan. Bless you both. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. John and I were at the Mesa Temple today right where your adventurous journey began! We love you all and will continue to Keep Calm and Pray On.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry to hear this! Cancer sucks and needs it's butt kicked. Give it all you've got and then some! Keeping your head up is good adivce, we miss an awful lot when we are looking down. Sending love and prayers your way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lindsey, Love you! Can't believe this news. I will pray for you and Ryan my friend. Keep Positive. My friend Jack (94) who is BRILLIANT says when we think negatively the oxygen in our blood decreases and we literally starve from oxygen deprivation. So keep postive and keep sucking air. Take care of that boy and that baby. (: I will be thinking about you and your wonderful family.

    ReplyDelete