Sunday, September 14, 2014

Its... A.... Baby!

The test results came back this week, and I'm not making a girl. I mean I'm making a boy.  A healthy (yeah!!!!!), darling, handsome, boy that won't be lacking in boys to hang out, since he will be my FIFTH son. Mercy. I don't think I'm a great boy mom, I just think that Ryan is a better "Boy Dad" than I am a "Girl Mom." Either way, it is what it is. I promised Annie a girl trip, and considering that she has been praying for a baby sister for literally 2+ years, she handled the news remarkably well.  Probably better than I did. To quote the Rolling Stones (which was what my Father in Law did during his visit):

You can't always get what you want, 
you can't always get what you want, 
you can't always get what you want,
But if you try sometimes you just might find, 
You get what you need, 
You get what you need -- yeah, oh baby boy*


I put the "boy" on the end of that song.



I love our local grocery store Dicks Market. I ordered a cake because Annie wanted a "Cut the Cake" reveal.



Annie and I bought these outfits at Costco. 



Blue Velvet with cream cheese frosting.
The suspense of the cut was so much fun!



This is turning into an Owen / Annie painting trend.



It looks like lake water.



Our "Super Saturday" women's meeting, also known as a women's conference was awesome.
The Them was "Faith, not Fear." We had a talk on faith, a lovely musical number, breakfast and lunch, classes on journalling, scriptures, meal planning, electronic less activities with kids, and lots of chatting and bonding. 10 points to all those who chipped in to make it a wonderful event.



I won a cake! Lesley put my name in the raffle, and it was 1 of three winners.  Her arms are more toned so I had her hold the prize for the pic.

No comments:

Post a Comment