Thursday, August 28, 2014

Results!

We had a little scare/excitement this week.  My first prenatal appointment had my belly measuring a little larger than normal, and my midwife thought it was probably one of two options. 1) This is my sixth pregnancy, my body has done this before, and it is perfectly content to leap into large womb mode, or 2) twins.  I'm a sororal twin (usually people either say identical or fraternal, but my twin and I are not identical, and we certainly aren't "brotherly" twins, so sororal it is.) Identical twins are an exciting fluke, but sororal/fraternal twins can actually run in the family, so I opted to have an early sonogram to take a little looksie.  I have decided my mommy sense is working very well, because I really didn't feel a twin vibe, and when I saw just one little dancer, my suspicions were confirmed. One Smith!  She was all over the place; kicking, stretching, arching.  It was simply darling to watch, but I was almost hoping that she would be quietly playing tea party.  I already have an all over the place, high energy daughter (and I love her!) but I would not be genuine if I didn't acknowledge that I am hoping for a calm (like her father) daughter.  They weren't able to confirm the gender yet, but I am hoping that my mommy sense is just as accurate as I was with the twin thing.  If it's a boy, we will love him with all of our hearts... and Annie and I will go on a girl's trip to... celebrate:~)


Look at that alien head, her wee arms and legs, and that kissable belly.
Mercy, she's already adorable!



2 comments:

  1. Well, congrats to you, dear Amiga! I hope your mommy sense is right, you need another girl. I was 90% certain Ammon was a girl about this time last year and for the first time I was wrong! It really surprised me, my daughters cried, but now he's here and we ADORE him. Hoping for the very best pregnancy and delivery (and disposition;))!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you purposely chose that picture, because to the untrained eye it looks like twinners, such a silly you are. Now instead of having to figure out how to incorporate our two names in honor of us, you can just name her Lesley. Fewww decision made!

    ReplyDelete