Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Hiking the Y... Almost.

Today we set out to hike the "Y" on the mountain just East of the BYU campus.  Some reviews said that some declared the hike very difficult, others said it was super easy, so we had no real idea what to expect.  We started up the crazy steep trail around 2:00pm, in the dead heat of the summer sun... and made it about half way up.  I felt a little bit like a weakling for throwing in the towel. However,  now that it is late at night, and I am still very tired and sore, I am going to add my review of the Y hike as being quite strenuous, and best attempted on a summer's day in the wee hours of the morning, with loads of time, lots of water, and excellent friends/family.  Well, I got the last bit right.


At the beginning of the hike. Still all smiles, and slightly overcast.



We haven't started yet, so Nicola and I are also happy.



The perfect ending to a long hot hike in Provo?  Ice cream and fries at the creamery.



Iron chef tonight. Them ingredient: Figs. Trophy: Presentation.  Well done me. And well done to all the dishes. The food was amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment