Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Indoor Garden Party

The women's organization in my church gathers every year for a lovely garden party potluck.  This year was no exception, except that crummy rainy weather (which I have really enjoyed except for this one time) forced the party indoors.  The night was still fantastic.  We ate delicious salads and desserts, had chicken salad sandwiches. We chatted, ate and mingled, got to hear a lovely solo accompanied by the guitar, then a short talk on an organization that is helping families who struggle with mental illness (where we donated school supplies), and then we assembled school kits that will go to a needy local elementary school.  I love these nights with these wonderful women! I love service projects! I love good food! All in all tonight was a thumbs way up!!!


My offering for the dinner. Man, I love fresh mozzarella!



The table decor was "watermelon," which was darling.  



Loads of women, sitting, eating, bonding.



Putting our school kits together. To a quote a friend: School supplies make me giddy!



A finished packet.  I remember eating paste in kindergarten. I think my twin started it.

*** This post is for Tuesday, August 5th, 2014***





1 comment:

  1. Your garden party looks very amazing. Liked everything prepared especially these finished packets. Had never attended or thrown such a party before but planning to throw it at one of New York venues. Hope will be able to make it awesome.

    ReplyDelete