Monday, August 18, 2014

Counting

When I was a wee lassie, about 12, I took piano lessons.  It didn't last very long as our teacher lived far away and by then, my driver (aka my older sister) was well into high school and had quite the social life.  Anyways, one of the few songs that I ever learned to play, and even memorized, was Count Your Many Blessings.  It's still a personal favorite. Not because I think that we really aught to make some blessings list, but the general idea of the song being a reminder that everyone of us have loads of things to be grateful. Literally, way too many to count.  A few things I am grateful for: a daughter that prays every night for her baby sibling growing in my belly.  The Relief Society.  Computers. Deodorant.  Fettucine alfredo with chicken.  My marriage.   So don't go count all your blessings, for the love of all good things, but in honor of our abundance, join me and take a second to notice God's love, aka, some of you blessings.



My very favorite deodorant in the entire world is lilac deodorant.  
It just smells so good.

***This post is for Sunday, Aug 17th, 2014***

No comments:

Post a Comment