Saturday, August 30, 2014

Pineapple Party

I knew that today would be a pineapple upside down cake kind of a day. First of all, I wanted to eat some. Second of all, I know how to make them. Third of all, I had a fresh pineapple in my kitchen... after I went to the store to buy a fresh pineapple for my pineapple upside down cake.  Victory was achieved.

The pineapple. Perfectly ripe. Party for my taste buds.



The recipe didn't call for cherries, which was ridiculous. I corrected the error and brought the splash of color and flavor.



Thick cake batter.  Insanely tasty to lick off a spoon.



The finished product.
It's the prettiest cake I've made in a while.



Barbecue dinner outside on the deck.



Annie took an old tissue box and made a darling piggy bank.  Give this girl some craft supplies and magic will happen.

*** This post is for Wednesday, August 27th, 2014***

1 comment:

  1. Who makes upside down cake just for fun and has a barbecue to boot?! There wasn't any company coming, what a lucky family. Man you guys celebrate every day. I want to be you when I grow up!

    ReplyDelete