Tuesday, February 18, 2014

T.V and a Blue and Gold Banquet

1.Today was great.  I did a cooking demonstration on a show called Studio 5.  My segment will air tomorrow between 1:00 and 1:30pm on channel 5.  I had a fun time, and made a few mistakes, but I think over all it went well.  I'm hoping that loads of Utah people see it, and decide that if they sign up for a cooking class, or give a class as a gift, etc, that all of their hopes and dreams will probably come true. I got an email from both the producer and the hostess right after the segment, thanking me for coming and asking when I can return.  Yeah!!!  10 points goes to Amy Hunter for being my sous chef extraordinary.  In reality, I needed both her hands-on-help, and the emotional support of a pal.  I can't wait to see what the finished segment looks like tomorrow.

2. Simon had his Boy scouts Blue and Gold Banquet tonight.  We all had Dominoes pizza, SImon got an award, and all the boys did displays about themselves.  Simon is a great guy!

3. We have finished scraping up 2/3 of the kitchen tile so we were able to put our fridge, dish washer and oven back.  It's still a dusty mess, but things are progressing as fast as Ryan and I are physically able to move (and right now, every single muscle in both of our bodies is aching and shaking and in desperate need of a hot tub.)



Brook and Me. We're like BFF's now.



That's my prep table.  It was easy deciding what to wear, thanks to my cookery school uniform.  



Amy Hunter. So glad she's on my team... or that I'm on her team.



Simon's display table: Race car Derby, scriptures, family calendar, brain puzzle,  favorite book, new karate uniform, cherished stuffed animals, handsome Simon.



Simon got to lead the pledge.



Ryan happily joined in the pledge.



Simon with his wonderful Scout Master.  He's reading what cheer we get to say for him. He pulled it out of the "Cheer" box.



Simon, what a guy!





No comments:

Post a Comment