Thursday, February 27, 2014

How to Eat an Elephant

My Day in 2 Fantastic Parts!***

Part 1     Brazenly Beautiful Bread - I taught my very first US cooking class today! As my kitchen is in shambles (remodel fun) my dear friend loaned me her kitchen for a couple of hours, and we made brazenly beautiful bread.  It. Was. Wonderful.  The students were delightful, the bread was tasty, my apron looked fab, the ingredients were fresh, my classes are seriously worth every penny (which was what I was told at the end of the class:~)  To quote My Fair Lady: I could have danced all night, I could have danced all night, and still have begged for more! (just replace "danced" with "taught cooking.")

Part 2     My kitchen Delivered - Have you ever purchased furniture from Ikea, and it comes in a few boxes that are numbered?  Well my kitchen got delivered today. (The delivery time was between noon and 4pm, so naturally they arrived at 4:57pm...argh.)  It took about an hour to unload the 221 pieces of the order. Yes, you read that correctly. Ryan and I (and any other Ikea assembly expert volunteers) will be assembling 221 pieces of furniture together.  I figure that since a 2 box dresser takes about 2 hours to put together, our kitchen will be ready sometime in July.  I just have to keep reminding myself:

Q:
How do you eat an elephant?

A:
One bite at a time, and probably with alfredo sauce.


Bread class. An action shot.



How pretty does her Italian Bread look? It was almost like she was born in Venice, it was that fab!



Welcome to my living room!



I like the tiny clear spot in the middle.  It will be a miracle, and a blessing, if my darling children refrain from messing with any of the boxes.  Time to pray!

**** This post is for Wednesday, February 26th, 2014; an amazing day!

1 comment:

  1. Ahh thinking about all those boxes is giving me anxiety. Good luck! I guess the bright side is that maybe you'll get better at putting everything together as you go.

    ReplyDelete