Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Athena Xena, Warrior Princess Turtle

We have had our family pet, a Greek turtle, for about 3 months now.  I seriously can't believe how much my children, especially my daughter Annie, loves this turtle.  She wakes up and gets her and hugs her and carries her around the house (like she's a toy poodle or a Beverly Hills Chiwawa). Annie has painted Athena's nails, and has even made her some outfits.  Yesterday Grandma Linda posted some pictures that were such a delight to my family, I had to share them. This woman crochet's turtle cozies, so that you will be able to spot your turtle while it is wandering in the yard, or elsewhere. WHat a great idea.  Enjoy!



There's a birthday in the house? Make the turtle a part of the decorations.



The Little Mermaid's Sebastian turtle costume.



That is one Bee-autiful Turtle.



This one in particular kills me dead.  Maybe it's just the simplicity that nails. One color. One fin. Brilliant.



Dino Turtle.  I wish I could look as good as this turtle does in all of these costumes.
All of this came from the MossyTortoise website. Good stuff.


1 comment: