Friday, February 14, 2014

Dia de Amor (Valentine's Day)

Everyone knows Valentines Day is going to be great when your breakfast features berries shaped into a heart, and so our day of love began.  The kids headed off to school with their Valentines in hand, I went to the school to help with Calvin's Party (6th grade.) The class rotated through 5 stations.  My are area featured "pairs pictionary" where someone drew a perfect pair and the team that guessed right got a point, such as salt and pepper, hammer and nails, Minnie and Mickey, etc.  Good stuff.  The two highlights of the day were seeing my kids return home with all their Valentines, giant smiles on their faces, and Ryan signed us up for dancing lessons tonight (rock step, triple step, triple step...) It was so fun, I'm pretty sure that I have a blister on my left toe.  It was worth it.  Lots of love to my family and friends, both near and far.

Breakfast Berry heart. Boom, Baby.



Small but much appreciated Valentines from Mom and Dad.
Ryan got up early this morning and put up red streamers and red paper hearts all over the kitchen cabinets.  It was delightful.


Calvin at his 6th grade party, passing out his Valentines.



Ryan was doing some construction this morning, working with glue and he didn't want to get any of it on his wedding ring, so...



I wrapped up up in a little black box with a fancy bow, and at our dinner tonight, I got on one knee and proposed to him. He said yes!



The after party of our dance lessons.  
Happy Valentines Day!!!! May the love in your heart be bursting at the seems.
May our hearts be full of gratitude to God for the gift, power, and miracle of love.





1 comment:

  1. ugg, my kids love to read your blog and they are going to see the berry heart and your sweet little gifts.....blah I am a lame mother, sigh.

    ReplyDelete