Monday, April 15, 2013

The Commie

In the US, "commie" usually refers to communist.  In Edinburgh, the Commie refers to the community recreation center.  My sweet children have been begging for me to take them swimming at the commie, and I finally obliged.  They didn't have school today (I have no idea why) so swimming carried the day. Preston, Calvin and Simon headed off to the big pool.  Annie, Owen and I dipped around in the 1 meter pool.  The best part was the hot shower at the end.  I think we all hung out in the shower area for at least 15 minutes.  The night ended with FHE taught by my oldest son, Preston.  The lesson was on building fortifications around our family against Satan.  We identified his darts (temptations), and we came up with barriers (things like family prayer, scripture study, attending church, etc.) The lesson was great, and I could picture Preston in 4 years teaching as a missionary for our church. Time sure does fly.

 

The changing area has blow dryers, just lying around, waiting to be used.  Simon took advatage of the opportunity to change his hair from dripping wet to spiky porcupine. What a guy!



Preston teaching FHE.  Great lesson, great kid.



A chart of our family fortification.  We're in the middle. Look at our robust defenses; mounds, walls, and towers.



Made my first sticky toffee pudding recipe tonight. It was delectable.  Calvin totally pigged out, which is good, because he is a growing boy.

1 comment:

  1. I want a delectable dish!!! You can tell there is an architect in the group those fortifications were fierce!

    ReplyDelete