Monday, April 8, 2013

Smith Family Store

Tonight for Family Home Evening (our Monday night tradition where we sing songs, learn about the  gospel of Jesus Christ, grow closer together by fun and force...) we chose an acronym for our last name.  Here it is.

The Smith family believes in:
Service
the Mormon church
Integrity
being Thankful
and Hard Work

Of being thankful, I reminded the kids that "an attitude of gratitude will give you latitude." "That's raditude!" commented Ryan.  I'm pretty sure that he was poking fun at me, but being thankful really is raditude. Now I am going to have to see if I can get Webster's to add raditude to the dictionary. It would be ratitude if my quest was successful.



Our family game tonight consisted of shopping at a store that Annie, Simon, and Owen set up.  It was so much fun.  They handed out Uno cards and we used those to buy the random items that they had collected, and priced out.  I purchased a lovely nest egg ornament, and the set of toy cars. Annie played the cashier.



Here you can see the sticky note price tags on the wall. Those look like two happy shoppers!



No comments:

Post a Comment