Thursday, April 4, 2013

Preston Temple

Today I have a new appreciation for the close proximity of the Bountiful Temple to my home in Bountiful.  It's about a 5 minute drive, with no traffic lights en route.  Growing up, our closest temple was 2 hours away, in Mesa, Arizona.  I didn't mind the ride as a youth.  As a married woman, I thoroughly enjoyed driving to Mesa from Tucson because it meant a visit to my in-laws.  Today I travelled with some of the youth in our ward to the Preston, England temple.  It's a 3 1/2 hour drive each way... wowsers, it was quite the experience.  We rode together in a 17 passenger van.  Lots of youth, lots of fun, a great destination, glad to be home tonight with my lovely family.


For more info on Mormon temples, be rad and click (or copy and paste) the link below:

http://www.lds.org/topics/temples?lang=eng

2 comments:

  1. We drove to that temple once, only to find that it was closed, that was a sad evening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have tried to catch the really early session at the Bountiful temple a few times, sneaking out of the house, only to discover it's closed. I hate when that happens.

      Delete