Thursday, April 18, 2013

Ice Cream

The other day, while grocery shopping, Owen was begging for me to get some popsicles.  It seemed rather a silly request, as it is still so very chilly here, but I told him that he could pick out one treat to share, and popsicles it was.  He chose one of those boxes designed to lure kids in, with cartoon characters and flashy cheerful colors.  He even commented that he thought that here would probably be a surprise toy inside. No luck, though. Just popsicles.  I feel as if popsicles and sherbet are just sad versions of ice-cream, so while in the freezer aisle, I grabbed some mint n' chip and chocolate fudge.  Most of the kids thought the popsicles were kind of gross (even Owen which is just a bummer) but we all got behind the deliciousness of the rich creamy, heavenly ice cream.  The song really is true: I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream. I always lick my bowl.



If I had to choose a favorite flavor, I would realy struggle.  It would be like choosing  a favorite child.  However, since I have 5 kids, I can say that Mint and Chip is definitely in the top 5 of my favorite flavors.  Along with chocolate Fudge...

1 comment: