Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Whipped Cream Recipe

I remember the first time I learned how easy it is to make whip cream. 1) Pour heavy cream into a mixer. 2) Whisk till soft peaks form. 3) Add powdered sugar and a bit of either vanilla or almond extract. 4) Whisk a few more seconds to incorporate. Eat liberally. Simon requested that we have crepes for breakfast, which is not our usual Tuesday morning meal, but he volunteered so sweetly to set the table for it, that I couldn't resist... and I love crepes. So with our whipped cream, we had home-made apple pie filling (that I canned last year), Nutella, and bacon.  I don't know if it was a healthy start to the day, but it sure tasted good.


Norman and a spoon full of whipped cream.



Owen headed to school. If all goes well, he will get a new, walking cast on Friday and then we can ditch the wheels.



Our monthly neighborhood potluck cooking group met tonight. 
Theme: artichoke. Success: Silver trophy.

No comments:

Post a Comment