Monday, April 11, 2016

No Yoke, I'm not yoking

When I find myself frustrated with things out of my control, or my own weaknesses, or the conspiracies of my family members to vex and torment me in what can only be described as the Groundhogs Day/Chinese Water torture of raising a family with vibrant, active, sometimes naughty children, sometimes flying solo with a breadwinner who's earning bread elsewhere, I struggle to remember (let alone find refuge) in the following passage.   But I'm glad to know that a passage like this exists.
28 ¶Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.  30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light. (Mathew 11:28-30

My husband doesn't like brownies. I don't even know what to think about something like that. Since he's gone, brownies were on the dessert menu for tonight.  My kids have inherited his dashing good looks, but are all happy brownie eaters.  Looks like they got the best of both of us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment