Saturday, April 30, 2016

A Beautiful Day in The Neighborhood

Two times a year our neighborhood gets together for a morning of neighborhood service. Several homes and yards are visited by several dozen neighbors and projects, both big and small, are tackled by friends.  Debris is gathered and pitched, flower beds are cleaned, wood is chopped, and trees are cut down.  I just love working along side my neighbors. Even better, is that a friend across the street was having a tree chopped down. I mentioned to the neighbor in charge of her project that if there was extra time, I would love my Dr. Seuss tree to be chopped down as well.  Lucky for, me they found time to chop down my eye sore. In a matter of minutes, it went from up, to down, to chopped, to gone. Much thanks for our beautiful day in the neighborhood. And that is how my front yard went from a "4" to a solid "6." Now, that's a good Saturday.


Cleaning a neighbors yard.



Removing sod. Look at those strong boys.



That crooked sad tree needed to be put out of it's misery.



The little wedge shaped cut made sure it didn't fall on the house.



Lucky for me, the wedge cut worked.


No comments:

Post a Comment